What is an event virtual ad journal all about?
One of the most popular fundraisers is the tribute journal and dinner event. Today many organizations are going green, saving money and saving time with an event virtual ad journal. An event virtual ad journal dynamically displays sponsor and supporter ads. With the online control panel ads can be found alphabetically or by sponsorship category. The event virtual ad journal allows organizers to focus on actual fundraising rather than the registration process and journal coordination.
What are the steps to implement an event virtual ad journal?
- Setup an online event registration account (Wizevents)
- Setup gateway account for secure credit card processing
- Setup an online event registration form
- Complete event registration planning questionaire (venue, ticket options and pricing, honorees and entertainment)
- Work with Wizevents support technician to create online registration form
- Build and Launch the event virtual ad journal website
- Promote your event and virtual ad journal to your members and supporters
- Manage event registration via Wizevents administrator tools
- Manage, review, and activate virtual journal ads using administrator tools
What are the Benefits of doing on event virtual ad journal?
How does the online registration form integrate with the virtual ad journal?
When a supporter or sponsor enters their ad text on the online event registration form, the information is saved into a database that is automatically transferred to the online event registration database. The adminstrator reviews the ad text for any typos or formatting issues, selects a background, selects an annimation and sets the ad status to live.
What is needed to setup online event registration for the event and the virtual ad journal?
- Name of the event website: (i.e. www.ssdseudinnerjournal.org)
- Description of the event
- Will the online journal be projected at the event?
- Will you produce a DVD or a disk on key as a take away?
- Will you produce printed materials as a take away (ie. Tribute Scroll)?
- Will advertisers be allowed to submit text with/without a logo and/or camera ready art?
- Organization contact person, email address and phone number
- Text for notification email sent after registration is made.
- Payment method options: Credit Card and/or Checks.
- Sponsorship levels (i.e. Partner, Diamond, Gold, Full Page, etc.)
- How many dinner tickets come with each sponsorship level?
- Dinner ticket prices?
Can you provide ideas for setting up sponsorship opportunities for the event and virtual ad journal?
Can you provide links to sample virtual ad journals:
What is the time line to setup an event virtual ad journal?
If possible allow one month for designing, building and launching your event website. To allow proper time to promote the event and start taking registrations, it is worthwhile to launch the event website 3 months prior to the event.
What are some marketing strategies for implementing a virtual ad journal?
- Place “dinner event” text or graphic link on e-Newsletters, and on your website.
- Send an e-invite promoting the event with a link to the online dinner registration form.
Can I setup a real time "Scroll of Honor" on my organization's website?