ABOUT WOODBURY JEWISH CENTER
In 1989, the Woodbury Jewish Center began as an idea in the hearts and minds of a small group of dedicated families. Since that time, our congregation and synagogue have grown into a wonderful center of Jewish life. Today, we have over 400 member families, with room for significantly more. Our mission is to be both a beacon and a mooring for families interested in traditional Judaic values.
- Our activities are broad in scope and include spiritual, social, and educational opportunities for each and every one of us:
- Our early education program introduces Jewish holidays, customs and traditions to over 200 delightful pre-kindergardeners;
- Our religious school educates children in Hebrew history, thought, values and language;
- Our Men's Club and Sisterhood sponsor a wide range of social gatherings and community services;
- Our adult education curriculum covers a rich course of studies into our common heritage and includes an adult bar/bat mitzvah program;
- Our seniors group is now established and active; and
- Our schedule of worship extends from weekday minyans, to weekly Shabbat services, to the High Holidays.
For so many of us, the Woodbury Jewish Center has become an extended family with whom simchas are joyously celebrated and times of sorrow and need are supportively shared.
If you know someone that might like to learn more about our congregation, have them call our synagogue office at 516-496-9100.